- 1 What OpenCL platforms / Operating Systems / JDKs are supported?
- 2 How do I get the Source Code?
- 3 What are the Build Dependencies?
- 4 I have all the Sourcecode, how do I build it?
- 5 What files do I need at Runtime?
- 6 How do I Get Started?
- 7 Is it possible to run JOCL based app without JOGL?
- 8 Can I allocate a CLBuffer without allocating a java.nio.Buffer?
- 9 Is jocl.org the same as JOCL?
What OpenCL platforms / Operating Systems / JDKs are supported?
- all of them. We are testing every build (in fact every commit) on AMD, Nvidia and Intel SDKs.
- If you are running on a different platform or would like to provide a build server, please let us know.
- Linux 32/64, Mac OS and Windows 32/64
- Building JOCL on other systems is easy provided that a OpenCL implementation for that system.
(e.g. OpenSolaris doesn't have OpenCL drivers yet)
Java Runtime Environments:
- We are testing on Oracle JDK and OpenJDK
- Java 5+ is required to run JOCL.
How do I get the Source Code?
The project repository is located on github.
You can create a local copy/branch of the git repository, either anonymous:
- git clone git://github.com/mbien/gluegen.git gluegen
- git clone git://github.com/mbien/jocl.git jocl
- git clone git://github.com/mbien/jocl-demos.git jocl-demos
- git clone git://github.com/mbien/jogl.git jogl
or via SSH and your user credential, so you can easily push back your changes to the github server:
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:username/gluegen.git gluegen
- git clone email@example.com:username/jocl.git jocl
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:username/jocl-demos.git jocl-demos
- git clone email@example.com:username/jogl.git jogl
What are the Build Dependencies?
JDK6 and ANT 1.8 or later. JUnit tests require OpenCL capable hardware and OpenCL drivers.
I have all the Sourcecode, how do I build it?
Please refer to this HowTo
What files do I need at Runtime?
JOCL consists of two files:
- and one system dependent native library (e.g libjocl.so or jocl.dll or ..).
additionally you will have to provide
- and the corresponding native library (e.g libgluegen-rt.so or gluegen.dll or ...)
optionally you might want to add JOGL if you want to do OpenGL - OpenCL interoperability
How do I Get Started?
Is it possible to run JOCL based app without JOGL?
Yes. JOCL is independent from JOGL and can be used without JOGL in the classpath. In fact you have to explicitly create a shared context from a existing JOGL context if you want to interoperate with OpenGL.
// creates a pure OpenCL context CLContext.create();
// creates a shared context. This context can be used to share memory with JOGL's OpenGL context CLGLContext.create(glContext);
Can I allocate a CLBuffer without allocating a java.nio.Buffer?
yes, just use the right context.createBuffer() method.
Is jocl.org the same as JOCL?
no its not. Both are independent projects and do not share the same codebase.