Calling GLWindow.setAlwaysOnTop() does not result in the GLWindow being on top of all other windows, as expected. This happens on Mac OS X (tested with 10.9.5). Works fine on Windows (10) and Ubuntu (12.04).
The following code demonstrates the issue:
- The NSWindow level must be set at window creation
- Levels are
- aontop: kCGMaximumWindowLevel
- aonbottom: kCGDesktopIconWindowLevel (w/ input)
- normal: NSNormalWindowLevel
- Hence we need to recreate the NSWindow if toggling the state,
similar to opaque .. etc.