Created attachment 302 [details]
I tried the following demo:
When I close a JInternalFrame, the GLJPanel gets disposed and the JVM crashes (with Java 1.6 update 30) or the GUI stays completely frozen (with Java 1.6 update 26). I use Cent OS Linux 5.3 and an Nvidia Quadro FX graphics card. Please find enclosed the logs.
Reproduced on CentOS 6.1, ATI 8.92 (11.12) and Ubuntu NV 290.10
- Doesn't work at all for ATI 8.90 (11.11), ie. Swing/J2DOGL itself fails to work.
- ATI 8.92 (11.12) Swing/J2DOGL needs a manual resize to even show the JFrame,
w/o JOGL being involved.
Testing fix on OS X and Windows .. then deliver.
J2DOGL Swing GLJPanel
- CentOS 6.1, ATI 8.92 (11.12), JRE 1.6.0_30 - Okish *1
- Ubuntu 11.04, NV 290.10, JRE 1.6.0_29/30 - OK
- Ubuntu 11.10, ATI 8.90 (11.11) , JRE 1.6.0_29/30 - NOPE !1
- Ubuntu 11.10, ATI 8.92 (11.12) , JRE 1.6.0_29/30 - Okish *1
- NV 285.62 and 290.53 doesn't work w/ J2DOGL at all (1.6.0 29 or 30)
- Don't know which which configuration actually works at all,
this is not JOGL related.
- doesn't use 'sun.java2d.opengl.CGLGraphicsConfig', but 'apple.awt.CGraphicsConfig'
- n/a !
!1 Swing crashes, not JOGL related
*1 Swing needs manual resize or refresh (move window out of screen and back)
Comment 2 documents the result of this patch