While working on Bug 1219,
the following has been observed on some Windows installations:
 jogamp_exe_tst could be launched as a Process via ProcessBuilder
 jogamp_exe_tst exit code is '1'
 jogamp_exe_tst does not terminate and even survives the JVM
One system in question is described as:
- Windows 10, 64 bits, Oracle jre/sdk 1.8.0_25.
- Windows 8.1, 64 bits
- Windows 7 64 bits Oracle jre/sdk 1.8.0_60.
- Windows 7 Ultimate version 6.1.7600 (no updated) 2009,
Java version: 1.8.0_60, vendor: Oracle Corporation,
cpu: corei i7 860 2.8GHz, ram:8GB, video: radeon HD 5700
Tests were performed w/ enabled and disabled antivirus, firewall and defender.
The jogamp_exe_tst is build as follows:
/cygdrive/c/mingw/bin/gcc -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -s -Os -mwindows -o tiny-win32-i386.exe tiny.c
The source-code to tiny.c is found at:
As you all can see this executable is less complex compared to a c hello world.
It would be good to know if the tiny-win32-i386.exe have somehow been altered by the test system where the executable fails to terminate, if the executable is altered to make it run and never terminate then it may indicate that the test-system got a virus infection.
- Use 'WinMain' for Windows test-executable
This may have little difference than using std 'main' entry
- Add Windows x86_64 test executable
Since the reporter claims the test executable works well
on Windows i386, maybe utilizing a x86_64 test executable
on same VM fixes the issue
- Use CustomInflate for Performance
- Skips GZIP header
- Adds own custom header [magic, deflate-size, inflate-size]
- Own header allows simplified I/O read and deflation
@ Spenna: Please test again with
Thank you very much!
- Usability of CustomCompress API incl zip-level
- Replace test-exe deflated files w/ zip-level 9
Created attachment 747 [details]
test debug log
(In reply to Sven Gothel from comment #3)
> @ Spenna: Please test again with
> Thank you very much!
I think it's good news!
I ran the test and it went well!
I did not have to kill any process and the temporary folder with the native lib was created.
See the debug test log attached (In this case, standard test).
Created attachment 748 [details]
test debug log
This is the 2nd test debug and went well too.
In this test was used:
set D_ARGS="-Djogamp.debug=all" "-Dnativewindow.debug=all" "-Djogl.debug=all" "-Dnewt.debug=all" "-Djogamp.debug.IOUtil.Exe"
See debug test log attached.
see comment 5 by reported, fixed