I've got multiple users of my game that experience a very long openGL init on their machines.
It can take up to one minute of time, leading players to think that the game is just no working.
The common ground of this issue is Windows 10 + nVidia card ( more specifically 7xx ).
Nothing fancy is done for the GlProfile init.
GLProfile glProfile = GLProfile.get(GLProfile.GL2);
I requested logs with -Djogamp.debug=ALL but the result is not showing anything special.
Please can you be more accurate on their hardware and the version numbers of their drivers? Do they use laptops? Optimus? I can try to reproduce this bug. Is it reproducible with Quadro graphics cards too?
Created attachment 779 [details]
jogamp console logs
console logs of the game launched with -Djogamp-debug=all
People having this issues are using Windows 10 with geforce 7xx, up-to-date drivers, no Optimus, desktop computers.
I can't tell much more now, but some of them are willing to help.
This is also happening on my machine, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Nvidia 780Ti, latest drivers...
It seems like the call to GLProfile.initSingleton() is consistently taking ~60.xx seconds to execute.
Some background: I was initially experimenting with Ardor3D (.9?), which was working flawlessly with no initialization delay. However the newer version of jogl used by JogAmp Ardor3D Continuation does have this problem.
I'm pretty sure that I am capable enough to get jogl built from source and run some tests for you if need be.
Thanks, I'll find which version of JOGL the old obsolete Ardor3D 0.9 uses. JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation uses JOGL 2.3.2.
I've narrowed it down a bit, looks like what I am experiencing is not the same as Maxime, rather it seems to be a timeout in IOUtil.testDirExec...
I will submit a separate bug report with console log.
(In reply to John McKisson from comment #6)
> I've narrowed it down a bit, looks like what I am experiencing is not the
> same as Maxime, rather it seems to be a timeout in IOUtil.testDirExec...
> I will submit a separate bug report with console log.
The workaround consists in disabling the automated native library loading and using the Java library path wisely.
Created attachment 792 [details]
Here's a log of the similar startup time issue.
This happens not only with the nvidia + win10 combo as this log is about AMD FirePro V4800.
The whole GL init time, triggered by GLProfile.get(GLProfile.GL2); is taking 50 seconds.
I've added an extra comment line ">>>> VERY LONG TIME <<<<" in the logs to show where the system is freezing for a long time
I've managed to solve the issue using the parameter : -Djogamp.gluegen.UseTempJarCache=false and taking care of providing the natives.